Mozambique Mission to the United Nations
420 E 50th St.
New York, NY 10022
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com
APPLYING FOR VISA TO MOZAMBIQUE
Visa Service Hours: (MONDAY TO THURSDAY)
Submission Time: 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
Pick-Up Time: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
ALL NATIONALITIES traveling to Mozambique need to obtain an entry visa before arrival:
(Exceptions: Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe for no more than 30 days and not for residence or working purposes)
Applicants should comply with the following requirements:
- Original passport with six months minimum validity and must have at least 1 blank page for the visa. Amendment pages are excluded. For foreigners residing in U.S.A.: a copy of the residence permit/visa.
- Photocopy of the passport bio page.
- Fill in the visa application form properly (one color ink, blue or black). It is very important that you provide all the information required, including the name and address of your place of stay in Mozambique. Please be advised that lack of information may result in delay of your application. Additional documents may be required.
- Two passport size photos (must be in color against a white background and taken within the last 6 months, cut accordingly to 2” x 2” size).
- Copy of flight reservations.
- Latest copy of the bank statement (blocked out the sensitive information).
- For Tourist Visas, a document to confirm the applicant’s address during his/her time in Mozambique. A copy of hotel reservation.
- For Business Visas, Business invitation letter from the company in Mozambique – explaining the reasons for the trip and being responsible for the stay in Mozambique. Copy of hotel reservation.
- Applications submitted by mail which will not be retrieved directly at the Mission, please include a self-addressed or prepaid labeled return envelope preferably with a tracking number.
- For family and friends Visiting Visas, Invitation Letter from the inviting party in Mozambique as well as a copy of BI (Mozambican ID), Passport (Mozambican) or DIRE. Invitations by organizations operating in Mozambique must include a copy of their legal status issued by the Mozambicans authorities.
- For Diplomatic, Service/Official passports and Laissez-Passer (No Fee),a Note Verbal or an official letter from their institution when applying for diplomatic or official visa.
- Visa fee must be in money order only in USD, payable to Mozambique Mission. (Please note that visa fees are non-refundable.)
Processing time may take 2 – 4 weeks.
Single Entry Visa: $160 USD (max. 30 days within a 60 day period)
Multiple Entry Visa: $180 USD (max. 30 days within a 60 day period)
Multiple Entry Visa: $ 210 USD (max. 30 days within a 90 day period)
- Applications submitted by mail which will not be retrieved directly at the Mission, please include a prepaid labeled return envelope preferably with a tracking number.
- For 18 years below:please provide a parental travel consent letter and a copy of birth certificate.
- If the applicant has been in a Yellow Fever endemic country, the applicant must bring Yellow Fever Certificate when traveling.
Single Entry Visa allows one entry. The length of stay can range from a minimum of 1 day to one month, renewable in Mozambique, provided that the Visa is still valid at the moment of application. Visas must be used within two months from the emission date.
Multiple Entry Visa allows more than one entry. The maximum length of stay for each entry is 30 days. Visas must be used within two months from the emission date.
(Jan. 1, Feb. 3, April 7, May 1, June 25, Sept. 25, Oct. 4 and Dec. 25) and we also observed
UN Official Holidays (Updated Annually)
Jan. 1, April 2, May 13, May 31, July 5, July 20, Sept. 6, Nov. 25, and Dec. 24