Welcome to the Consular Services of the Embassy of Mozambique in Washington, DC. The aim of this page is to provide useful information on the requirements for one to apply for an entry visa into Mozambique, kinds of visas, fees and shipping modalities. The general principle is that if you are not a Mozambican citizen, you MUST have a visa to enter Mozambique. However, citizens of the following countries DO NOT need visa:
- South Africa
- Zimbabwe, unless the purpose to enter Mozambique is to study, work or reside in the country.
Citizens of Angola, Cabo Verde, Guine-Bissau e S.Tome e Principe, holders of an official or diplomatic passport DO NOT require a visa to enter Mozambique.
- Submit an original passport, valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Mozambique and with at least 1 blank page for a visa. Amendment pages are excluded
- Citizens other than from the United States of America and Canada, but living in these countries, must submit a copy of their permanent residence status
- Fill the visa application form properly. It is very important that you provide all the information required, including the name and address of your place of stay in Mozambique. Please be advised that lack of information may result in delay or even denial of your application.
- Submit two passport size photographs (passport photos must be in color and against a white background)
- Include a prepaid self-addressed envelope with a tracking number, unless the application is brought to the Mission in person.
- Payments must be only by money order in US dollars, and payable to the Mozambique Mission. After a payment you are entitled to a receipt/pick-up slip.
- Invitations by organizations operating in Mozambique must include a copy of their legal status issued by the Mozambican authorities.
- Invitations by non-citizens living in Mozambique must include a copy of “DIRE” as proof of residence.
- Groups of visitors invited by organizations are required to attach one invitation per visa application form.
- Persons under the age of 18 must attach a parental travel consent letter and their birth certificate to the visa application form.
- The processing time for all kinds of visa is 3 working for normal processing and 2 working days for urgent processing.
- If the applicant has been in a Yellow Fever endemic country, the applicant must bring a Yellow Fever Certificate.
A VISA MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO THE TRIP AT THE CONSULAR SERVICES AS A VISA CAN NO LONGER BE ISSUED UPON ARRIVAL AT ANY OF MOZAMBIQUE’S ENTRANCE POINTS. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE A BORDER VISA YOU MUST REQUIRE PRIOR AN AUTHORIZATION FROM Direcção Nacional de Migração.
Types of visa and specific requirements
When the purpose of entry is business related, a letter from applicant’s company or from the inviting company in Mozambique is required
A copy of a flight itinerary.
A letter of the inviting party in Mozambique is required
A copy of a flight itinerary.
A copy of the flight itinerary and a copy of the hotel reservation are required
Diplomatic and Official visas:
A note verbal or an official letter
Visas can be Single or Multiple.
The visa must be used within sixty (60) days from the issuance dates.
- Single Entry Visa (30, 60 or 90 days Visa)
- Normal (3 days): $160 USD
- Urgent (2 days): $220 USD
- Multiple Entry Visa: (90 days Visa)
- Normal (3 days): $180 USD
- Urgent (2 days): $240 USD
- Multiple Entry Visa: (180 days Visa):
- Normal (3 days): $210 USD
- Urgent (2 days): $270 USD
Please note that visa fees are non-refundable.
MONDAY TO THURSDAY
Submission Time: 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
Pick-Up Time: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Payment: Money Order Only.